The Nova RDA by Gas Mods is the latest RDA from the same company that gave you the G.R.1 RDA and the Nixon 1.5 RDTA. This is a single-coil squonk-ready RDA that looks like a high-end RDA, but with a really affordable price.
Similar to the GR1, the Nova RDA come in both sand blasted or black decks, and a wide range of colored topcaps. Here are the basics for the Nova RDA by Gas Mods:
- Stainless steel 304 sand-blasted deck
- Stainless steel 304 cap – 2 parts threaded
- Comes with Delrin driptip and beauty ring
- PEEK insylator, single-coil post-less style
- 22mm diameter X 19mm height
The unique thing about the Nova RDA is the 2-part top cap. It doesn’t really effect the flavor, but it’s sure fun to play with! The upper “beauty cap” fits both a regular 510 driptip and the included threaded wide bore tip. Remove it, and you can fit an 810 driptip (with o-ring).
So they have really thought a lot about that little feature 🙂
Gas Mods Nova RDA: Pros
- Beautiful & well built – Just like the Nixon and The GR1, it is high quality and feels like a really high-end product. The sand blasting is smooth and even. The screws work just right and hold down the wire well.
- Beautiful caps – Lot of colors to choose from, although you need to purchase the rest seperately. Again, feels like a very high-end cap that should cost $12 – $20.
- Short profile looks – Some don’t like short RDAs, but if you are someone who does, this RDA is going to look great on all your tiny mech squonk mods. Personally, I prefer the way it looks without the top ring.
- Decent flavor – I cannot say that I was able to get “the best flavor” from the Gas Mods Nova RDA. However, the flavor is pretty decent. In case you’re wondering, my best flavor-chasing squonk RDA is still the Basic 1.1 RDA.
Gas Mods Nova RDA: Cons
- Easy to oversquonk – This is disappointing, but the Gas Mods Nova RDA is really easy to oversquonk. I guess there’s not much they can do when the height is only 19mm. With another 1mm in there, they could have angled the airflow down just a little, which would have resulted in better airflow and flavor as well.
Overall, I think at $24 the Nova RDA is a great buy for someone just looking ot get into squonking. Gas Mods have not slipped in their quality.
If you already have a few good squonk RDAs however, you might not get anything from the Nova. There are tons of RDAs out there that can deliver better flavor, even clone vape stuff.