When I first got my Kanger Dripbox squonk starter kit, I didn’t think much about squonk bottles. The black little bottles worked, and it worked easily.
Recently when I started shopping for non-mainstream squonk mods like the DPM Li-Mo, I started to think more about getting better squonk bottles. My search led me to discover many different types of bottles, mostly made in Europe, that were supposedly the best.
- The Italian “Supersoft” squonk bottles
- The Supersoft Refill bottles
- The Cappy V4 silicon squonk bottles
- The ModMaker bottom-feeding bottles
- The Lukkos Silk premium squonk bottles
- And more..
Finging and buying them proved to be really hard, and really expensive. For example, a single Supersoft bottle could cost €4.90 but the shipping would cost €20.
Plus, no website stocked all the bottles I was looking for, so I had to buy from two different sites, paying two high shipping fees. I was also taxed for these empty bottles.
Nevertheless, I think it was worth it.
In this video, I try to show you all the squonking bottles I have personally tried, including some cheap squonk bottles that came included with some clones like the Frankenskull clone. I show you how to fix those cheap bottles so that they at least work like they are supposed to.
All the bottles I show in this video were purchased from these two websites:
The bottle I loved the most were the Cappy V4 Kompakt squonk bottles. I love the dark color and the fact that it uses Delrin caps. This makes it much safer to use in mechanical squonk mods.
The other squonk bottle I loved was the 30ml Supersoft Refill bottle. Refilling your squonk setup will be much, much easier with the refill bottle. I regret not buying two of them! Looking at the high shipping costs I do not plan to buy another directly from any of the two websites I used.
I hope you liked this video about squonk bottles. Squonking is a big deal now, and I hope more modders would include at least a Supersoft or ModMaker BF bottle with their mods instead of hard, cheap ones!
This video was a part of my “Squonk Week” series. Here are the other squonking-related videos:
- Squonking 101 – What’s the big deal about squonking?
- DPM Li-Mo review – affordable high-end squonk mod
- Mechanical & 3D-printed squonk mods introduction
- The SJMY Split-R & X-tank clone – awesome squonking RDTA
- Best bottom-feeding / squonking RDAs 2017 list updated!
- Squonk bottles explained – Supersoft, ModMaker, Cappy v4 and more
- The squonk life – my thoughts and recommendations on squonking
- More squonking videos and reviews on my squonking playlist